- Make sure that your air conditioner is in perfect working order.
- Ensure that the air conditioner you purchase will be able to get rid of high humidity levels.
- Do not use a dehumidifier and an air conditioner at the same time as it will make the air conditioner work harder in order to cool the room.
- Make sure that your air conditioner is correctly sized in order to cool the room faster and more efficient.
- Make sure that the EER and SEER ratings are correct in relation to the type of climate you live in.
When choosing to purchase an air conditioner, you need to know what the correct BTU will be for the unit to work efficiently. BTU or British Thermal Unit is the amount of work needed to raise the temperature of one pound of water by one degree Fahrenheit. When calculating BTU, you need to be sure of the room size the air conditioner will be in. Thus, the BTU will depend entirely on the room size. If you have a room of 150 square feet, the BTU will be 5400, meaning that 5400 BTU will be needed to efficiently cool the room. If you purchase an air conditioner with a higher BTU than needed, you will waste a lot of excess energy and the air conditioner will cycle off too quickly. Thus, an air conditioner with a higher BTU will not cool a room faster. Cool your house faster with these tips instead: